Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating apps with a different Apple ID

I have a new Apple ID on my iPad Pro, and want to update iWork apps. The only way you can do it is by deleting the existing app and DL new one from the App Store. My question: would I lose the existing data on my iWork apps? Or would it still be available in the new files app and can be restored to the new iWork app?

If that’s not possible, than how can it be done, considering even iCloud is also linked with one Apple ID at a time.

Thanks

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 1:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 6:00 AM

Is there a reason you are using a new ID instead of your previous ID? By using a new ID you will lose access to much of the data and the purchases that are linked to the old ID. You might be able to access the iWork files, but you won't be able to access the iCloud data from the old ID.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2019 6:00 AM in response to J_S_M

Is there a reason you are using a new ID instead of your previous ID? By using a new ID you will lose access to much of the data and the purchases that are linked to the old ID. You might be able to access the iWork files, but you won't be able to access the iCloud data from the old ID.

Updating apps with a different Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.