Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changed phone number and imessage wont use new number

So I Recently changed phone companies, i was able to transfer over my old phone number to my new service provider, however in order to do so, I had to first activate the new SIM card with a new phone number then I was able to request a transfer of my old number. The transfer was successful and if i make phone calls or send sms it comes from my old phone number with my new service provider. However the phone number i had for all of about 20mins when i first put in the new SIM card was immediately attached to my iCloud account and now whenever i send an imessage or face time it shows as if its coming from that number (so people dont know its me) i have tried to remove the number from my iCloud account, I have tried to add my old/current number (it says that number is already associated with the account) I have tried restarting the phone. Removing the SIM card, even signing out of iCloud on my phone and then signing back in after rebooting again. And still will not return to using the correct phone number that is attached to my service provider account that my phone is using (ie. my old/current phone number that the phone actually uses if i make a normal call) I’m running out of ideas, please help.

iPhone 7

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 2:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 5:40 AM

Have you changed the number on your Apple ID? After changing the number, wait a while for the change to sync, then sign out of. Messages/FaceTime and then back in.

Apple ID - Manage

Similar questions

1 reply

Changed phone number and imessage wont use new number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.