Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make iOS13 Reminders format work with 3rd Party CalDAV servers, specifically Synology WebDAV/CalDAV server

Up to iOS12 the Apple Reminders app and the Apple Calendars app synced fine with the Synology WebDAV/CalDAV server.

Since today's upgrade to iOS13 a new Apple Reminders app was installed.

This new app does not display the existing reminders items. Also creating new reminder lists does not work with the Synology CalDAV server (and it is not expected to work, since creating new calendars/reminder lists always was a manual NAS-sided operation with the Synology WebDAV/CalDAV server).

The iOS13 Apple Calendars app continues to synchronize well with the Synology WebDAV/CalDAV server.

What solution do you propose to make the new reminders app sync with the Synology WebDAV/CalDAV server?

(And No - proposing to use iCloud is not a solution to this request - it is quite the opposite of what is the intention of using self-hosted servers for open formats and protocols. iCloud will never be a desirable solution for me. If Apple products become incompatible with self-hosted 3rd party servers, Apple will discontinue to be an eligible product partner for me and my customers any further.)

Anyone?

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 8:02 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 24, 2019 9:49 AM in response to Dr_Hannibal_Lecter

Hey there Dr_Hannibal_Lecter,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand existing Reminder items aren’t being displayed as expected and they’re no longer syncing with a specific WebDAV/CalDAV server. I’ll be happy to help with this.

There have been some changes to how Reminders work in iOS 13. If you’re not seeing existing Reminders items, or it’s not working with your WebDAV/CalDAV server, please review this link for info on how to use Reminders in iOS 13:

Use Reminders on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

There’s also some good info on sharing a Reminders list using the Add People function not working as expected in iOS 13 in the following link. Apple is aware of this issue, and it will be resolved in a future software update:

Get ready for the new Reminders app

Best wishes.

How to make iOS13 Reminders format work with 3rd Party CalDAV servers, specifically Synology WebDAV/CalDAV server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.