Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Overheating on wireless charge - iPhone 11 Pro Max

Any ideas why my brand new iPhone 11 Pro Max is overheating when it’s on wireless charge? It gets way too hot for it to be normal.

(NOTE. No category for the iPhone 11 Pro Max)

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 8:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 9:50 AM

Hello cranialscratch,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like the iPhone is getting hot when it is charging. I would recommend you use this article to help troubleshoot the issue.

Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2019 9:50 AM in response to cranialscratch

Hello cranialscratch,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like the iPhone is getting hot when it is charging. I would recommend you use this article to help troubleshoot the issue.

Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.

Sep 24, 2019 2:06 PM in response to cranialscratch

I have same issue as well,it happen while I try to download 3 apps at same time,when I connect my phone to laptop,also while I charge my phone. Apple customer support told me it may happen during first time setup my phone. But it's already 4th day,it still happen. I try same tasks on my iphon 8 plus and 11 pro max,only 11 pro max get overheat,I believe there are some issues,I will suggest you go to apple store to check it. I remember I always heard complain from my friend who got the first shipment of iphone every year,always some issue.

Oct 8, 2019 8:03 AM in response to cranialscratch

Hello there! I have the same problem with my iPhone 11. This past Saturday I went to a local Sprint store and they replaced the original 2 weeks old device for a brand new one....guess what? Same issue. Here is my problem: When wireless charging the device gets so hot that it freezes my internet connection and the screen starts dimming down to almost a total dark... I have been searching for answers however nobody seems to reported the same issue until I came across your post. The local tech at Sprint stated it may be software issues. I honest belief they did something to optimize those new phones battery life’s and that’s causing the issue...please let me know if you find others with the same problem. Thanks in advance

Overheating on wireless charge - iPhone 11 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.