Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos on MacOS X Mojave, not syncing. Stuck uploading.

I have tried repairing the library to no success. My photos are synced through all my devices except my Macbook Pro, running Mojave and Photos 4.0. The newest photos I can see are from almost a month ago. The progress bar is stuck in uploading and has been like that for a month. I have restarted the app, the laptop itself, left the app do its thing for an entire week, and no progress. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 10:14 AM

Have you checked, if your Photos Library contains items, that are unable to upload?

Search with a smart album for incompatible items with a smart rule "Photo is unable to upload". Remove any such items from your Photos library.

Search also for items that are not in standard image file format by searching for the file name extensions that are not HEIC, JPEG, TIFF or any of the file formats you are regularly using. Remove any audio files or other unusual items.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2019 10:14 AM in response to LBG1980

Have you checked, if your Photos Library contains items, that are unable to upload?

Search with a smart album for incompatible items with a smart rule "Photo is unable to upload". Remove any such items from your Photos library.

Search also for items that are not in standard image file format by searching for the file name extensions that are not HEIC, JPEG, TIFF or any of the file formats you are regularly using. Remove any audio files or other unusual items.

Photos on MacOS X Mojave, not syncing. Stuck uploading.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.