Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Encrypt Local Backup change password incorrect password

So after installing iTunes from the Microsoft Store for Windows. I am trying to downgrade from iOS 13 to iOS 12.4.1 the most recent iOS versions.

I have followed the steps from downloading the iOS version from ipsw.me and changing the Info .PLIST file version from iOS 13 to iOS 12.4.1 in the text editor.

After saving the text editor and closing it out. I then went to iTunes and into my iPhone summary page and shift + left click "Restore iPhone..."

In order to completely restore my iPhone back to iOS 12.4.1 without loosing my data, I have to know what my Encrypt local backup password is and the problem is that I don't. I know what my iCloud password is as well my passcode to unlock my iPhone and all of my email's password so I don't know how to resolve this issue because I did the following to Reset All Settings and this did not help at all either.

I am at lost here. Changing the Encrypt local backup password is what I need to do in order to successfully restore back to iOS 12.4.1 without loosing my current data from iOS 13.

Any help would be much appreciated!

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 6:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 4:23 AM

See Disable iOS backup encryption - Apple Community.

tt2

3 replies

Sep 23, 2019 5:46 AM in response to turingtest2

Hey thanks!

I was able to restore my iphone successfully to 12.4.1 without loosing my current data. As soon as I reset all settings, I made sure to not check the encrypt local backup when backing up my iphone. I then moved forward to the restore process and everything moved forward smoothly without having to enter my password that I never set for encrypt local backup.

Encrypt Local Backup change password incorrect password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.