Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 11 - IOS13 - Apple TV app wont open

Hi

Hoping this is reasonably simple , I was on an Iphone 6s and on IOS 11. something , on there i found all my videos in "Videos" app , I was told this is now in Apple TV on the new IOS13 but Apple TV has dissapeared from the apps and if i try open if from the app store it says "Cannot open app due to restrictions , please turn off restrictions" Ive checked in the screentime settings and no restrictions are on at all, and I cant find anywhere else I need to do it.

any help would be much appreciated

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 10:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 1:22 PM

Ok - I found the answer on another thread for an older version of iOS - Thought I would post it here too just incase anyone needs it.

To fix I just had to manually uninstall the app from : Settings>General>Iphone Storage and fully delete the Apple TV app data from there so that in the app store rather than "OPEN" I had the cloud icon back and could repull the app from the store and it then worked fine.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2019 1:22 PM in response to xdpgunslinger

Ok - I found the answer on another thread for an older version of iOS - Thought I would post it here too just incase anyone needs it.

To fix I just had to manually uninstall the app from : Settings>General>Iphone Storage and fully delete the Apple TV app data from there so that in the app store rather than "OPEN" I had the cloud icon back and could repull the app from the store and it then worked fine.

Iphone 11 - IOS13 - Apple TV app wont open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.