Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't delete files from iCloud

Hi guys, I have a strange problem. my iCloud shows storage is full with some 100gb of files and documents. I deleted all items from icould in finder, and to be safe also from the recycle bin, and still in my iPhone as well as in my iCloud in system preferences it shows the files. I then logged into iCloud.com and the files still shows there. deleted them, and even went to the recently deleted folder and deleted from there. it shows no files but when I log out and log in again it shows the files again.

any idea what could I be doing wrong?

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 10:13 PM

3 replies

Sep 23, 2019 1:08 PM in response to Eric Root

thanks for trying to help. no luck still. went into restore files and it says "no files to restore", then i refresh the browser and i see the desktop and documents folders again. nothing is in them and they show as empty even on the browser. still, icloud shows storage is full and when i go to account setting it shows "documents" in orange color with more than 110gb (i have only 50gb plan). i cant seem to get rid of this. where are these so called "documents" hiding?

can't delete files from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.