Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can someone PLEASE HELP?

I bought an ipod from someone that I dont have a clue as to how to contact this person and the ipod has an activation lock on it. I think it's an older model ipod it's a A1509 does anybody know how I could possibly get in this thing or how do I go about getting the lock off of it PLEASE ANYONE?

iPod Classic

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 11:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 1:23 AM

If a used iOS device has been 'Activation locked' then only the previous owner can unlock it, either by providing you with the account ID and password, or by removing it from his list of devices (as he should have done before selling it).

If you are unable to contact him to do this then I'm afraid you will not be able to use the device - there is no other way of unlocking it at all. Apple cannot unlock it for you, nor find the previous owner for you, and neither can the websites that offer to unlock it for a fee: these are scams.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2019 1:23 AM in response to CURIOUSGIRL28

If a used iOS device has been 'Activation locked' then only the previous owner can unlock it, either by providing you with the account ID and password, or by removing it from his list of devices (as he should have done before selling it).

If you are unable to contact him to do this then I'm afraid you will not be able to use the device - there is no other way of unlocking it at all. Apple cannot unlock it for you, nor find the previous owner for you, and neither can the websites that offer to unlock it for a fee: these are scams.

Can someone PLEASE HELP?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.