Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Disabled

Hi;

Through no fault of my own (long story) I now have an iPhone 6s running ios 11.4.1 displaying the message "iPhone is disabled please connect to iTunes". Major problem is (again, long story) I have no backups of its contents (I did, but unluckily these were corrupted).

The only solution I can find is basically "tough luck, wipe the phone". (The phone wasn't set to auto-erase, so I know the contents is still on there).

However there are some very sentimental photos on the phone and I really want to recover its contents.

Has anyone please got any suggestions of what I can do, or any suggestions for data recovery firms that could help, please?

Thanks!

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 1:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 1:49 AM

No one could help you if you have no a backup or didn't sync your photos to iCloud. To check if they are in the cloud, please, head to iCloud.com and log in with your Apple ID, tap Photos app and see if something is there. If it's not, you are out of luck, I'm sorry.

The thing is that the passcode you are using to unlock your iPhone is also an encryption key to the data you have on it. You can't access iPhone's data without the encryption key. If you forgot it, the only way to reset it is to reset the whole phone what means, like you've mentioned, erasing all of your data on it.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2019 1:49 AM in response to MGF1979

No one could help you if you have no a backup or didn't sync your photos to iCloud. To check if they are in the cloud, please, head to iCloud.com and log in with your Apple ID, tap Photos app and see if something is there. If it's not, you are out of luck, I'm sorry.

The thing is that the passcode you are using to unlock your iPhone is also an encryption key to the data you have on it. You can't access iPhone's data without the encryption key. If you forgot it, the only way to reset it is to reset the whole phone what means, like you've mentioned, erasing all of your data on it.

iPhone Disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.