Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sent email shows as unread

Hi - my sent mail is showing as unread on all my apple devices. This did not happen previously - and it's not happening when I log into the email account at source. Does anyone know how I can stop this? Thanks

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 2:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 5:34 PM

Hi hcandaj,

Thank you for posting. If I understand correctly, your Sent folder items seem to be counting toward the number of emails shown in your Mail app badge icon; is that right?

You mentioned this is happening on a few other Apple devices, but not in webmail. Which devices and software versions are you using?

As a start, try tapping Settings > Notifications > Mail, and tap the account or accounts that seem to be affected; then, toggle Badges to off and then on. Does that help?

If not, try to Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and test again.

If you haven't already, you might try updating to iOS 13.1 as well: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you find the same issue persists across multiple devices after updating, that's when you may want to reach out to Apple directly: Contact Apple Support

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2019 5:34 PM in response to hcandaj

Hi hcandaj,

Thank you for posting. If I understand correctly, your Sent folder items seem to be counting toward the number of emails shown in your Mail app badge icon; is that right?

You mentioned this is happening on a few other Apple devices, but not in webmail. Which devices and software versions are you using?

As a start, try tapping Settings > Notifications > Mail, and tap the account or accounts that seem to be affected; then, toggle Badges to off and then on. Does that help?

If not, try to Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and test again.

If you haven't already, you might try updating to iOS 13.1 as well: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you find the same issue persists across multiple devices after updating, that's when you may want to reach out to Apple directly: Contact Apple Support

Take care.

Sent email shows as unread

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.