Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail - Incoming email on Mac from specific sender has no content but same email on iPhone is ok

A daily email about today's headlines from a major newspaper now arrives with no content on my Mac. I have been receiving emails from this sender for years at the same address. This started occurring only in the last couple of weeks. All other emails on my Mac are ok. Also, the same email with no content on my Mac shows up fine with content on my iPhone. When I forward that email from my iPhone to myself at same email address, it then shows up on my Mac fine with content. Other than these specific instances, Apple Mail works very well for me.

Thanks for any help.

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 13.2

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 5:51 PM

Check the new privacy settings in Mail -> Settings -> Privacy. Uncheck Protect Mail Activity, Hide IP Address and Block All Remote Content.

These new privacy settings can most certainly result in emails appearing to have no body content whatsoever. This is not Apple's fault this is the sender who is rendering the entire email running external code. They are also very likely tracking you and invading your privacy in ways you are not aware.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2023 5:51 PM in response to Old_Mac_Man

Check the new privacy settings in Mail -> Settings -> Privacy. Uncheck Protect Mail Activity, Hide IP Address and Block All Remote Content.

These new privacy settings can most certainly result in emails appearing to have no body content whatsoever. This is not Apple's fault this is the sender who is rendering the entire email running external code. They are also very likely tracking you and invading your privacy in ways you are not aware.

Apr 9, 2023 10:20 AM in response to Old_Mac_Man

I would need to see the email raw source.

View menu -> Message -> Raw Source

or

Press ⌥ + ⌘ + U [while the email in question is selected in Mail]

You might not wish to share that publicly. So if you do post it in reply, please redact any personal private information. I don't need to see your email address or any other personal details. But I do need to see how the email is constructed and formatted.

Apple Mail - Incoming email on Mac from specific sender has no content but same email on iPhone is ok

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.