Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Distorted music output on vehicles iPod interface

My new iPhone 11 doesn’t seem to work with the iPod interface on my truck (2013 Nissan Frontier). My iPhone 6s has no issues playing music on it but my iPhone 11 comes out distorted and staticy. Did Apple change the pin out for newer iPhones? The music plays fine through the lightning earbuds.

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 5:29 AM

2 replies

Sep 24, 2019 8:30 PM in response to chevrolet67

Hello chevrolet67,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your iPhone and connecting to your car stereo. I will be happy to check this out.

I suggest that you follow through the steps here for assistance: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod doesn't connect to or work in your car - Apple Support

• Since you mention that this occurs only with your new iPhone, there is also a step mentioning the need to check if the car stereo needs an update to work with the new iPhone, or the new iOS version, stating:

"If needed, install firmware updates. Check your car's manual for more information."

Thanks again and have a great rest of your day.

iPhone 11 Distorted music output on vehicles iPod interface

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.