Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone music shuts off when I plug the auxiliary cord into anything

I just went from an iPhone 5 to an iPhone 13. Now when I plug the auxiliary cord into anything, the music shuts off after about 3 to 5 seconds. Any help?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2022 10:42 AM

Hey there ByronBears,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. To get started, are you only experiencing this issue when listening to music through the Pandora app, or have you noticed if other apps have experienced the same issue? Does the issue occur when not using an auxiliary cable, and just listening to music through the iPhone speakers?

If only having issues when using the Pandora app, give the steps listed in the following resource a try that can help with troubleshooting this issue: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

While we understand your not having issues with the app not opening or not responding unexpectedly, the steps above can help with troubleshooting other issues you may be experiencing with a third-party app as well.

Also, do you by chance have another auxiliary cable you can test the issue with? If so, give that a try as well as this can help with narrowing down the issue further.

Keep us updated on the results.

Take care!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2022 10:42 AM in response to ByronBears

Hey there ByronBears,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. To get started, are you only experiencing this issue when listening to music through the Pandora app, or have you noticed if other apps have experienced the same issue? Does the issue occur when not using an auxiliary cable, and just listening to music through the iPhone speakers?

If only having issues when using the Pandora app, give the steps listed in the following resource a try that can help with troubleshooting this issue: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

While we understand your not having issues with the app not opening or not responding unexpectedly, the steps above can help with troubleshooting other issues you may be experiencing with a third-party app as well.

Also, do you by chance have another auxiliary cable you can test the issue with? If so, give that a try as well as this can help with narrowing down the issue further.

Keep us updated on the results.

Take care!

iPhone music shuts off when I plug the auxiliary cord into anything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.