You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

music widget on lock screen without a volume control

I update my phone(Iphone 12) to IOS16, and when i listen music, on lock screen i cant see volume control, but i still can turn on the next song (check the screen below). Maybe someone have the same problem, or that's a bug. That problem is observed in YouTube Music and Apple Music.

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 7:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 12:30 PM

I know. Apple seems to reverse engineer the wheel and make it a cube all the time. My notifications are no longer listed at the top and instead at the bottom. Makes 0 sense. Then the volume slider is gone in any music app and the album cover overtakes the whole screen when locked. Craziness. I should have never left iOS 15.7.1. I regret it. Apple will not listen to us and bring it back any of these features that were there for years!

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 21, 2022 12:30 PM in response to lion-king-hakuna-matata

I know. Apple seems to reverse engineer the wheel and make it a cube all the time. My notifications are no longer listed at the top and instead at the bottom. Makes 0 sense. Then the volume slider is gone in any music app and the album cover overtakes the whole screen when locked. Craziness. I should have never left iOS 15.7.1. I regret it. Apple will not listen to us and bring it back any of these features that were there for years!

Dec 21, 2022 7:16 AM in response to 1ssmith

Thank you for the solution on this.

My 2 cents. This is a terrible adaptation of the media widget. More often than not I accidentally slide this bar and change my position on my audiobook/Podcast, music, and etc. This is extremely frustrating and I really don’t understand their switch to this new player. Hopefully they will revert back to the old player widget but I really doubt apple listens to the few people who have an issues.

Sep 19, 2022 11:07 AM in response to lion-king-hakuna-matata

Hi lion-king-hakuna-matata.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. What you are experiencing with Music controls from the Lock Screen, is normal behavior in iOS 16. You can use the volume buttons to raise or lower the volume or tap on the Widget to open the Music app and use the volume slider within the app.

Please feel free to submit some feedback here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Cheers.

music widget on lock screen without a volume control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.