Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old apple ID

I have an old apple ID stuck in my phone and can't seem to delete it. I have a new ID that I've been using for over a year and just updated my iOS to 13. The old ID is back asking for my credentials. How do I get the old ID off my iPhone?

iPhone 7

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 5:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 6:14 AM

What to do after [or before] you change your Apple ID [email address] or password - https://support.apple.com/HT204071 - "After you change your Apple ID email address or password, you might need to update your sign-in information with any Apple services you're using." - Or if you're seeing persistent disabled messages or repeated requests for the password to your previous Apple ID. You may also wish to turn off "Find My" before changing information and turn it on again afterward.

If you actually created a new account instead of changing the ID on the old one you will have to delete any apps purchased with the old ID and re-download them with the new ID or use Family Sharing to share them with yourself.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2019 6:14 AM in response to jkberg10

What to do after [or before] you change your Apple ID [email address] or password - https://support.apple.com/HT204071 - "After you change your Apple ID email address or password, you might need to update your sign-in information with any Apple services you're using." - Or if you're seeing persistent disabled messages or repeated requests for the password to your previous Apple ID. You may also wish to turn off "Find My" before changing information and turn it on again afterward.

If you actually created a new account instead of changing the ID on the old one you will have to delete any apps purchased with the old ID and re-download them with the new ID or use Family Sharing to share them with yourself.

Old apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.