Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

firmware password forgotten

hello as the title says i have a problem with my firmware password, i have a mac book pro 2015 13", i wanted to factory reset my mac but after rebooting there's this window that ask me for a firmware password i entered the password several time but he won't accept it, i thought i used another password so I've tried every password that i usually use but nothing, what happened ? does the password changed is self ? and how can i reset the password now ?

thank you

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 6:52 AM

From: How to set a firmware password on your Mac - Apple Support

If you forgot your firmware password

If you can't remember your firmware password or passcode, schedule an in-person service appointment with an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. Bring your Mac to the appointment, and bring your original receipt or invoice as proof of purchase.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2019 6:52 AM in response to Aitbellah

From: How to set a firmware password on your Mac - Apple Support

If you forgot your firmware password

If you can't remember your firmware password or passcode, schedule an in-person service appointment with an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. Bring your Mac to the appointment, and bring your original receipt or invoice as proof of purchase.

firmware password forgotten

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.