Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri and text

I have the airpods model # A2031 and a iPhone 6S with IOS13 installed and noticed Siri doesn’t read my text messages when I’m using my airpods and I’ve noticed under notifications that it doesn’t have anything to turn on for this and I was wondering why

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 8:23 AM

Hello crwilliams,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you have been unable to have Siri speak your text messages while using your AirPods. This feature is due to come out later this fall as announced in a footnote at the bottom of this article:

iOS 13 - Features - Apple

"Coming later this fall. Works with second-generation AirPods. Siri is available on iPhone 4s or later, iPad Pro, iPad (3rd generation or later), iPad Air or later, iPad mini or later, and iPod touch (5th generation or later) and requires internet access. Announce Messages requires apps to be developed with SiriKit. Siri may not be available in all languages or in all areas, and features may vary by area. Cellular data charges may apply."

Best Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2019 8:23 AM in response to crwilliams

Hello crwilliams,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you have been unable to have Siri speak your text messages while using your AirPods. This feature is due to come out later this fall as announced in a footnote at the bottom of this article:

iOS 13 - Features - Apple

"Coming later this fall. Works with second-generation AirPods. Siri is available on iPhone 4s or later, iPad Pro, iPad (3rd generation or later), iPad Air or later, iPad mini or later, and iPod touch (5th generation or later) and requires internet access. Announce Messages requires apps to be developed with SiriKit. Siri may not be available in all languages or in all areas, and features may vary by area. Cellular data charges may apply."

Best Regards.

Siri and text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.