Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13 Haptics Issues

I have gone into my settings and turned off the 'System Haptics' setting under 'Sounds & Haptics'. However, when I use the long press feature on a app from the home screen I still get either a soft haptic feedback (when the phone is on silent/vibrate) or an audible click sound and haptic feedback (when the phone is not on silent mode). Any setting options that I'm missing? Or is perhaps a bug?

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 9:43 AM

After doing some further research and talking to apple support, I think I have found the issue here. It turns out that the 'Long Press' feature on iPhone falls under the '3D Touch' category, not haptics. The haptics toggle, therefore, won't turn the long press vibration/audio on or off.

The XR (I'm not sure on the other OLED X/11 models) DOESN'T ACTUALLY SUPPORT 3D TOUCH. Something about the edge to edge screen making it too difficult to pull off. HOWEVER, since all iOS iterations for the last several years make use of 3D touch features (which came out with the iPhone 7), and are now a key part of the iOS, the XR uses some work arounds with haptics to more-or-less fake like it supports 3D touch. This means it's super buggy and gonna be a firm-ware issue (I think).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2019 9:43 AM in response to alexanderfromprovo

After doing some further research and talking to apple support, I think I have found the issue here. It turns out that the 'Long Press' feature on iPhone falls under the '3D Touch' category, not haptics. The haptics toggle, therefore, won't turn the long press vibration/audio on or off.

The XR (I'm not sure on the other OLED X/11 models) DOESN'T ACTUALLY SUPPORT 3D TOUCH. Something about the edge to edge screen making it too difficult to pull off. HOWEVER, since all iOS iterations for the last several years make use of 3D touch features (which came out with the iPhone 7), and are now a key part of the iOS, the XR uses some work arounds with haptics to more-or-less fake like it supports 3D touch. This means it's super buggy and gonna be a firm-ware issue (I think).

iOS 13 Haptics Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.