Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 13 Icloud email not being pushed

Ever since the update to IOS 13 my icloud email is no longer being pushed to my iPhone. I have to manually fetch.

It is being pushed to my watch properly.

Even when it goes to my watch, it is not in my phone email app, nor is there any badge or notification till I fetch it.

I have restarted multiple time

Turned off and on Push

Uninstalled/re-intalled the mail app

Turned off and on notifications

I have tried this with wifi on and wifi off

toggle airplane mode on and off

All through out this my Watch series 3 works as it always has with the email, it comes in pushed.

Email is pushed when viewing it on my web browser with icloud.com

iPhone 8

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 3:40 PM

I've had this same issue since iOS 13 was released. None of the recent updates have made any difference. Emails are NOT being pushed to my phone. Once I open the app, it fetches and they download. I’m missing critical emails and can’t wait to manually refresh my mailbox. I have checked all options (push, fetch, etc), signed in/out of iCloud, and tried to reinstall the mail app but no luck.

48 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2019 3:40 PM in response to scubaphish

I've had this same issue since iOS 13 was released. None of the recent updates have made any difference. Emails are NOT being pushed to my phone. Once I open the app, it fetches and they download. I’m missing critical emails and can’t wait to manually refresh my mailbox. I have checked all options (push, fetch, etc), signed in/out of iCloud, and tried to reinstall the mail app but no luck.

Jan 18, 2020 8:48 PM in response to mr_dj81

Hey all ,

Can you please try the following ways

please try deleting and reinstall the mail app before this and after reinstall add your mail and check whether all mails have arrived in your mail app then do the following steps:

1. check settings—notifications—mail—and make sure that all 3 alert types are enabled and show preview option is always
  2. Get to passwords & Accounts then look that fetch new data option is enabled as push
  3. Get into fetch new data window and if you didn’t see push for Gmail make it as fetch
  4. Then at last at the bottom make the fetch as Every 15 minutes

# If we put fetch as automatically it will be used when only connected to power and WiFi

# If we put fetch as manually it will use only when we are using the app

# By putting this to 15 min we will surely get notifications and don’t afraid that it’s 15 min it won’t take that much time it will arrive in about 7-8 min and by going forward the time will get reduced and will get your mail notifications within 1 min...

Hope your issue got resolved .

Let me know if this worked for you and reply me if you’ve any questions....

Dec 12, 2019 7:38 AM in response to hiasdfasd

What's frustrating is that I’m using the 11 Pro and Apple Watch Series 5 and I’m not getting my notifications on my watch. If I restart it, they start coming for a little while then stop. When I do receive the notifications on my phone, I go to the app and I have to wait for the messages to download. When I clear them it takes a minute to clear the badge after closing the app. Fun part is that nothing I do on my phone syncs to my iPad. I’m not getting important emails but it’s still frustrating.

Dec 13, 2019 6:29 AM in response to Randy-12

Unreal that this isn't fixed by now. Expecting to be notified when you get an email without having to manually check the mail app is basic, basic, basic. This is a pretty huge bug, IMO and I am frankly disappointed (and surprised) Apple wouldn't almost immediately push out an update to fix this.

The pathetically sad thing is that this is most prevalent on Apple's OWN email (iCloud email) - exchange stuff seems to be pushed just fine. So Apple's own iCloud email is failing to be pushed into the mail app.

Apple likes to boast about their stuff working so great because they "design their own hardware AND software". Well - that only works well if their software isn't designed with buggy s#it like this.

Do they not test basic functionality anymore?

#ridiculous

Dec 13, 2019 7:12 AM in response to dailyhenry

This is all true. I never had a problem with the Apple Mail app before. I hate the Gmail app and was forwarding my Gmail to my iCloud address. It worked great. I’d get instant notifications and when I read an message on my phone it would be marked read on my iPad. I noticed that I was missing messages this way so I transitioned over to solely using iCloud. I updated all of my subscriptions with my iCloud email address and then Apple went and fiddled with the mail app and the iCloud service.

Dec 13, 2019 8:29 AM in response to scubaphish

It has been very frustrating. From what I've found it's not a consistent issue with most users. We have around 35 iPhone users at my work and only one of them in addition to me is experiencing this issue with the mail app. He and I both upgraded to new iPhone pros at the same time and transferred our content and settings from our previous iPhone. I've tried to figure out if there's any pattern to why this issue impacts some but not others.

Dec 13, 2019 9:34 AM in response to dukefan_2

I’m sure it’s not 100% failing on all iPhones, but it is widespread enough where Apple should be placing this as an extreme high priority bug fix.

The fact that they haven’t fixed the issue this far into iOS13 is extraordinary. This bug has been there since day 1 of iOS 13.

I hope we are not talking into empty space in this forum and that Apple sees us reporting this issue. If anyone knows any emails of Apple leadership- I would hope they may consider notifying them.

This is Apple’s own iCloud email that’s not being pushed. What an embarrassment.

IOS 13 Icloud email not being pushed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.