Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote video playback choppy in Keynote 9.1

Hi all, since I upgraded my keynote from 8.3 to 9.1, a lot of videos I embedded in my keynotes don't play smoothly anymore while in full screen mode. They're very choppy, this wasn't the case in version 8.3.

Since I'm a teacher and have videos in every lesson it's very frustrating... Any help would be highly appreciated!

Specs: Macbook pro retina mid 2014, 2,8 ghz, 8 gb

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 9:44 AM

I think I figured out why this is. I think that if your display settings are scaling, then the video plays back choppy. On my macbook air 2014 I can play video's fine on keynote, but when I play the same video on a macbook pro, the video is choppy. I found out that if you set the display to default resolution, the video playback on the macbook pro is fine. It's a workaround ofcourse and I hope Apple will find a fix for this.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2019 9:44 AM in response to constancevh

I think I figured out why this is. I think that if your display settings are scaling, then the video plays back choppy. On my macbook air 2014 I can play video's fine on keynote, but when I play the same video on a macbook pro, the video is choppy. I found out that if you set the display to default resolution, the video playback on the macbook pro is fine. It's a workaround ofcourse and I hope Apple will find a fix for this.

Keynote video playback choppy in Keynote 9.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.