Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suggested person When sending photo from photos

When I’m in photo app and I click a photo to send it brings up someone’s email as a suggestion I guess?? how do I remove them from this part??

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 8:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 7:30 PM

This sucks. If I’m with my girlfriend and we’re looking at my photo album and she watches as I send a photo to her, hows she going to feel when she sees a long list of “suggestions” of other girls? Thanks Apple in all your infinite wisdom. Just another change for the sake of change that provides zero (less than zero actually) value. At least give users the option of turning that off. Geeze. Before anyone jumps to a conclusion about me communicating with other girls, no need. Just because we’re not exclusive doesn’t mean I want to put it in her face.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2019 7:30 PM in response to MoonJ.

This sucks. If I’m with my girlfriend and we’re looking at my photo album and she watches as I send a photo to her, hows she going to feel when she sees a long list of “suggestions” of other girls? Thanks Apple in all your infinite wisdom. Just another change for the sake of change that provides zero (less than zero actually) value. At least give users the option of turning that off. Geeze. Before anyone jumps to a conclusion about me communicating with other girls, no need. Just because we’re not exclusive doesn’t mean I want to put it in her face.

Sep 25, 2019 2:24 PM in response to daryn147

Hi daryn147,

I want to help you with the sharing options you're seeing.

The intelligent suggestions you see aren't showing a particular person every time, it's part of the suggestions that use recent behavior to suggest who you might share to. If you message with someone repeatedly or share pictures to someone in Mail, that will be suggested.

There's no way to remove this feature from iOS13. The rest of the sharing menu can still be used to share to someone else that isn't suggested.

You can read more about the new iOS 13 features here:

About iOS 13 Updates - Apple Support

If you have any feedback, you can leave that here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Suggested person When sending photo from photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.