Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod is stuck on restore screen and iTunes is not recognizing it

First thing is that my iPod screen is stuck on the screen with it saying restore as seen in the photo:

Secondly, my iPod is not even getting recognized by iTunes which I keep on getting a bunch of errors. This is the first one that pops up when I plug the iPod into my laptop:

I press the update option which iTunes says that it's extracting software but then I get this error saying that the iPod cannot be updated or found:

I then get an option to restore the iPod:

I click restore which it again says it's extracting software but once again it says device cannot be found:

This is also another error that I have gotten among others similar to it:

My iPod was working fine last week. I had just gotten done syncing some songs on to it and when I went to edit a song title this ended up happening. No matter what I try to do I keep getting that the device cannot be found and I don't know why. I've tried looking up videos on YouTube and information on Google to on how to fix these problems but am coming up very confused and am not so sure what to do exactly for these two problems to be fixed. To also include this detail to help, I have Windows 10 on a laptop and the latest iTunes version for Windows. If anyone knows how to fix these two issues then i'd really appreciate it.

iPod Touch (6th Gen)

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 10:28 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Sep 25, 2019 2:57 PM in response to IAmKelsey

Hello IAMKelsey.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I'm understanding correctly, your iPod went into recovery, and now you are having issues with restoring it, because iTunes is not recognizing it. I will be glad to assist. You have already performed some great trouble shooting.

Do you have another cable you can try? Also, plug directly into your computer without any other accessory like a hub.

Additionally, see the information below from the following resource:

If you see an error when you update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

"Check your computer’s security software

You might need to update, change, or uninstall software that could be interfering with your computer's connection with iTunes."

Cheers.

iPod is stuck on restore screen and iTunes is not recognizing it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.