Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water/moisture damage

I have problem with my iPhone Xs.

After a walk in the rain, my clothes in which was my iphone xs were wet, after that he worked 12 hours, and after that he died. The official service center refused warranty repair, although the phone has IP67 protection. I have photos from an official service center, where can see that there was little moisture inside but what affected the performance of the device. I would like to Apple to fulfill warranty repair obligations, as it is obvious that my device doesn’t meet the declared level of protection against moisture!

How I can get help in this question?

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 11:12 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 24, 2019 11:18 AM in response to Korols

Liquid damage is not covered under warranty. See the following from: iPhone XS - Technical Specifications

iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max are splash, water, and dust resistant and were tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP68 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 2 meters up to 30 minutes). Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty.

Water/moisture damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.