Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Sierra Mail not receiving

I upgraded from Yosemite to Mojave but I hated it - so many functions were not working properly or at alI, so I decided to back rev to High Sierra. This OS is mostly functional but Mail is not getting new messages. Connection Doctor shows green an all accounts and activity monitor shows mail "apparently" checking for main but it gets no new messages. I can see my mail using my phone and also with webmail but nothing is coming into the mail client. I can send mail OK.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 5:31 PM

Thanks BDAqua, I made a Smart Mailbox as you suggested and YES, it shows all the messages! It is still not showing them in the inbox or any other mailbox however. Any ideas on what to do next?

Providers are A2 and Google - Gmail.

8 replies

Sep 25, 2019 7:38 AM in response to BDAqua

Unfortunately booting in safe mode does not get the missing mail to show. Also none of the smart folders showed any messages in safe mode. I left it for a while to see if it would rebuild them but it did not. Booting back into regular mode I get the same as before. Only the new smart mailbox (unread) shows new messages. After I read any one of those it is gone from there and not appearing in any smart or regular mailbox.

Sep 25, 2019 7:56 AM in response to 1984Robin

It gets stranger. Since that smart mailbox (unread) worked, I tried making others. Then I noticed that none of my inboxes are listing when I choose "Message is in mailbox". There is one for "Inbox" but I have 16 accounts, each with its own inbox. The smart mailboxes I have been using pull from the specific mailboxes but now I cannot do that.

Sep 26, 2019 7:34 AM in response to BDAqua

OK Problem solved. I had made a bunch of spam rules over the years which were working OK. After upgrading the OS everything got filtered into the spam folder. So the messages were all there but in spam folder. Apple tech helped me solve this on chat. The Smart mailboxes have been techy but it seems I needed to rebuild each inbox individually to solve that problem.

High Sierra Mail not receiving

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.