Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where did the move message icon go in email?

Upgraded to ios13 and noticed that when you are in an email message, it now only has two quick options, delete and reply (both in the bottom right corner). Previously it had a row of options, including move and archive. How do I get this icon back, as the current custom swipe is cumbersome sorting through hundreds of emails.

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 3:19 PM

You can tap Edit in the upper right of the mailbox you're in. Then select the email you want to move and at the bottom of the screen you should see Mark Move Delete.

Or you can Press/Hold on the message in your mailbox (e.g. Inbox); then tap Move Message....

If you're in the email, tap the left pointing arrow in the bottom right corner; then tap Move Message

Or you can swipe the email from right to left, tap More, Move Message...

The above are the only ways I know how to move a message to another mailbox.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2019 3:19 PM in response to steve_b_

You can tap Edit in the upper right of the mailbox you're in. Then select the email you want to move and at the bottom of the screen you should see Mark Move Delete.

Or you can Press/Hold on the message in your mailbox (e.g. Inbox); then tap Move Message....

If you're in the email, tap the left pointing arrow in the bottom right corner; then tap Move Message

Or you can swipe the email from right to left, tap More, Move Message...

The above are the only ways I know how to move a message to another mailbox.

Where did the move message icon go in email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.