Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail in iOS 13

I have updated my iPhone X to iOS 13 and one thing I just noticed is that when I delete an email, in stead of going to the next email, it displays "No Message Selected". I looked in Settings and there appears to be no setting for what the Mail app does next after a deletion. Previously, it always went to the next email.

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 3:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 12:52 PM

Hi SlippySlope,

I understand that when viewing and then deleting a message in Mail on your iPhone the Mail app doesn't show the next message available in your inbox, but displays "No Message Selected" instead. You're correct that Mail should move to the next message after deleting the one you're viewing; I'd like to help. First, if you haven't already, I'd recommend using the steps below to close the Mail app then restart your iPhone and test for the issue:

If you continue to see the same behavior, I'd also suggest updating to iOS 13.1:

Let me know what you find.

Best Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2019 12:52 PM in response to SlippySlope

Hi SlippySlope,

I understand that when viewing and then deleting a message in Mail on your iPhone the Mail app doesn't show the next message available in your inbox, but displays "No Message Selected" instead. You're correct that Mail should move to the next message after deleting the one you're viewing; I'd like to help. First, if you haven't already, I'd recommend using the steps below to close the Mail app then restart your iPhone and test for the issue:

If you continue to see the same behavior, I'd also suggest updating to iOS 13.1:

Let me know what you find.

Best Regards.

Mail in iOS 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.