Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID

My twins sister can open my iphone after I updated the IOS. Can this solve?

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 5:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 5:48 PM

Hello!

"The probability that a random person in the population could look at your iPhone or iPad Pro and unlock it using Face ID is approximately 1 in 1,000,000 with a single enrolled appearance. As an additional protection, Face ID allows only five unsuccessful match attempts before a passcode is required. The statistical probability is different for twins and siblings that look like you and among children under the age of 13, because their distinct facial features may not have fully developed. If you're concerned about this, we recommend using a passcode to authenticate."

About Face ID advanced technology

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2019 5:48 PM in response to jenelle160

Hello!

"The probability that a random person in the population could look at your iPhone or iPad Pro and unlock it using Face ID is approximately 1 in 1,000,000 with a single enrolled appearance. As an additional protection, Face ID allows only five unsuccessful match attempts before a passcode is required. The statistical probability is different for twins and siblings that look like you and among children under the age of 13, because their distinct facial features may not have fully developed. If you're concerned about this, we recommend using a passcode to authenticate."

About Face ID advanced technology

Face ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.