Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update Adobe 32 bit > 64 bit

I need to change to 64 bit from 32 bit for all my Adobe software except Lightroom. Does this mean buying all new software? I'm an old fart, go easy pls. Using Mojave 10.14.6 :-)

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 11:51 PM

6 replies

Sep 25, 2019 12:28 AM in response to smankley

Ok so if you stay on Mojave you will not need to update your 32bit apps to 64bit versions, Mojave will continue to

open 32bit apps.

macOS 10.15 Catalina which is to be released mid October will not support 32bit apps, so if you feel you need to upgrade your Mac to Catalina (you are under no obligation to) then yes you will have to update your 32bit apps to 64bit, and as you are enquiring about Adobe apps you will have to upgrade those apps, Adobes latest apps are on a subscription basis where you pay monthly for the privilege, yuck.

If you want you could move your Mojave install over to an external disk and install Catalina to your Macs internal drive and when you need to use your Adobe apps you can boot to the external drive that has Mojave on it.

Sep 25, 2019 1:24 AM in response to smankley

When I update to Catalina my plan is to keep using Photoshop CS6, MPEG Streamclip, QuickTime 7 Player Pro etc virtualized in OS X 10.6 Server, OS X 10.8 , OS X 10.11 or macOS 10.14 via VMware (or by booting into those systems). And search for alternative 64-bit apps that work in Catalina.

I need those apps only occasionally and don't really need or want subscription based apps.

Update Adobe 32 bit > 64 bit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.