Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail app crashing

The mail app crashes when I attempt to send any size video. It sometimes starts to prepare the file, but always eventually crashes. I am running iOS 13.1, anyone any ideas what can be done? Sending photos works fine.

I have deleted the mail app & all email accounts, reinstalled same. I have reset all settings too, problem persists

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 12:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2019 7:09 AM

Hey Toneloc0_0 ,

Thank you for taking the time to answer those questions! Sounds like you've put a lot of time in effort into resolving this, and I appreciate you not only letting us know what steps you've taken but also continuing to work with us toward a resolution.

If you haven't already done so, I recommend updating to iOS 13.1.1. and testing if this same issue continues. The link below can help with updating.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Thanks again, and have a great day!

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2019 7:09 AM in response to Toneloc0_0

Hey Toneloc0_0 ,

Thank you for taking the time to answer those questions! Sounds like you've put a lot of time in effort into resolving this, and I appreciate you not only letting us know what steps you've taken but also continuing to work with us toward a resolution.

If you haven't already done so, I recommend updating to iOS 13.1.1. and testing if this same issue continues. The link below can help with updating.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Sep 30, 2019 7:07 PM in response to Toneloc0_0

Thanks Toneloc0_0,

I definitely appreciate you taking the time to update. I do have a couple more steps I would like to work through.

To start, there is a new update available again. iOS 13.1.2 is now available, and staying updated is a great step to resolve a variety of issues. I do recommend updating once more using the steps here: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

I know you've done several of the steps in the resource below as well, but just to make sure nothing is missed there please take a second look here: If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

I'd also like to make sure there are no pending update for any of your apps. Updating apps in iOS 13 has changed a bit so you can see how to do that here: Update apps or use automatic downloads

If you're still experiencing the same behavior after those steps, I would like to have you connect for additional support here: Get Support

Thanks!/

Sep 26, 2019 5:05 PM in response to Toneloc0_0

Hey Toneloc0_0,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I know how important it is to be able to send videos as expected, and I definitely want to look into this with you.

I would like to get a bit more information on what's happening with videos in email. Can you please answer the following?

You mentioned having multiple email accounts, is this happening with all accounts?

Do you ever see an error, or does the mail app just close? If you see an error, please let us know exactly what the error says.

Does this behavior happen on both Wi-Fi and cellular data?

Sep 26, 2019 10:47 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Hi

Thanks for replying.

1) Yes, it happens on all e mail accounts, irrespective which one is default.

2) I never see an error, it just closes 80% of the time, sometimes it goes on to 'prepare video' I see the timer and it always crashes just before the timer ends.

3) It happens on both Wi-Fi and cellular

I still have my old XS Max, 512gb phone running iOS 13.1. I took it back to factory settings, added my email address, shot a 3 second video and tried to email it out. The app immediately crashed.

Sep 30, 2019 10:56 PM in response to CarlAVII

Hi Allen A

Many thanks for the reply.

I downloaded iOS 13.1.2 last night, and have followed the steps you have provided, along with a factory reset and the problem with the mail app crashing when I try to email any size video from within the photos app persists. I think this bug needs a major squish.

Will need a support intervention I think.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Regards

Oct 9, 2019 12:25 AM in response to Frosty415

Hi Frosty415,

I have had numerous calls to the Apple support line, with the last adviser saying that it is a known issue that is currently being worked on. I asked him outright as if there isn't a workround available, as I am wasting my time keep calling them.

The advice given is basically wait it out and it will be fixed in a future update. Not a great situation for custoomers of a premium product.

Oct 30, 2019 11:20 PM in response to amberl10

Hi, Yes I did,

1 Go to settings, tap on your apple id photo

2 Tap on iCloud

3 Scroll down to iCloud Drive, select on

4 Should be able to send all media.

I updated to iOS 13.2 and it fixed the problem , so i can now turn off iCloud Drive and still send media images/videos.

This was a real pain, even the Apple support guys had no idea, I called the 4 times!

Good luck!!

mail app crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.