Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing photos location

Hello when I updated to ios 13.1 in some photos miss location and I can’t search it in by location

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 12:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2019 6:18 AM

Welcome back hristiyanb.

Apple has recently released iOS 13.1.2. If you have not done so, please use the steps here to back up your contact and update: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

After updating to iOS 13.1.2, does location data appear on your photos? If not, please contact Apple Support here for further assistance: Apple - Support - Product Selection

Take care.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2019 6:18 AM in response to hristiyanb

Welcome back hristiyanb.

Apple has recently released iOS 13.1.2. If you have not done so, please use the steps here to back up your contact and update: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

After updating to iOS 13.1.2, does location data appear on your photos? If not, please contact Apple Support here for further assistance: Apple - Support - Product Selection

Take care.

Sep 26, 2019 5:35 PM in response to hristiyanb

Hello hristiyanb.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that since updating to iOS 13.1 that some of your photos are missing the location. I’m happy to help.

Do you have photos enabled for Photos and any other photos apps that you use? You can check at Settings > Privacy > Location Services. If location is enabled, please turn off and turn back on. Please see the steps in the section titled “Turn Location Services on or off” here: About privacy and Location Services in iOS 8 and later - Apple Support

You can also reset Location Services by going to the section titled “ Reset or disable Location Services in the same link above.

Take care.

Oct 12, 2019 4:24 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Hi there

I have the same issue since upgrade to iOS 13.

when I am searching a photo by location a lot of them are missing in the results. Not sure whether it is an index issues? I have reset all setting, location, or disable/enable location it is still not working.

when looking the street name/location through the map in album it says 200 photos. When typing the street name in search the results says 33 photos.

I do have the same issues for every location. So it is quite annoying to be able to find information who are missing. Thank you for your help?

Missing photos location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.