Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shortcuts automation is not woring in ios 13.1

After creating a shortcut automation,instead of triggering automatically a notification is getting displayed to execute manually.How to trigger it automatically with out manual

Does shortcuts automation will work in background?

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 2:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 10:37 AM

Not all automations can run automatically, unfortunately. From https://support.apple.com/guide/shortcuts/enable-or-disable-a-personal-automation-apd602971e63/3.1/ios/13.1:

The following automations cannot be run automatically:

• Arrive
  • Before I Leave
  • Bluetooth
  • Leave
  • Time of Day
  • Wi-Fi

So if you're using one of those, you're out of luck, presently.

This is a bummer for me, since I want to use TOD to run Automations automatically. Let's hope that's enabled in the next release.

I hope this answers your question.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2019 10:37 AM in response to RVPradeep

Not all automations can run automatically, unfortunately. From https://support.apple.com/guide/shortcuts/enable-or-disable-a-personal-automation-apd602971e63/3.1/ios/13.1:

The following automations cannot be run automatically:

• Arrive
  • Before I Leave
  • Bluetooth
  • Leave
  • Time of Day
  • Wi-Fi

So if you're using one of those, you're out of luck, presently.

This is a bummer for me, since I want to use TOD to run Automations automatically. Let's hope that's enabled in the next release.

I hope this answers your question.

Sep 30, 2019 6:57 AM in response to RVPradeep

So I just got off the phone with a Level 2 Apple Support tech. He confirmed that it behaves the same way on his device, and as of now, that's how it is intended to run. However, he agreed that it should give the user the option to run without prompt, or with prompt. Some automations you may not want to run every single time, but other ones you definitely would. So he was going to do everything on his end to push the feedback through to the appropriate team, but he also suggested for me to send feedback to Apple stating the same, which I have. So I suggest anyone who wants to see this option get added (which only makes sense) then submit your feedback to Apple at Feedback - iPhone - Apple.

Sep 25, 2019 9:27 AM in response to RVPradeep

I have the same problem too and have been looking for some solution throughout the day. I am Italian and a little while ago I found this in the guide for iOS 13.1 https://support.apple.com/it-it/guide/shortcuts/apd602971e63/ios

I find it really strange to prevent the automatic execution of "time of day" automation. I hope there is a change or some solution.

Sorry for my english

Shortcuts automation is not woring in ios 13.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.