Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone personal hotspot keeps turning off

I have an issue after i updated to iOS 13 on my phone. I cannot share my mobile data to PC via personal hotspot. The connection would stay for about 3-5 minutes then gets disconnected. The PC then tries to reconnect or sometimes cannot discover the network. I have to toggle the personal hotspot switch on and off and it keeps me from really doing the work :(

What’s worse is that now I cannot share hotspot to my Sony smart TV as well. It cannot discover the network at all.

i already tried to upgrade to 13.1 today and it still keep disconnecting.

if someone knows what could be done please help.

Some facts:

PC is using Windows 10

iPhone xs is now on iOS 13.1

mobile data plan is unlimited (and paid)

No wi-fi network in my place

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 5:58 AM

3 replies

Sep 27, 2019 6:36 AM in response to phatharawan

Hello phatharawan,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! Based on the details you've shared, you are unable to use your Personal Hotspot since iOS 13 update. I am happy to assist.

I appreciate all of the details you've provided, and the steps you've taken so far. Please try the steps below next. Be sure you are testing your Personal Hotspot after each step. If the issue resolves after a particular step, you do not need to complete the remaining steps listed:

-Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

-Install any and all updates that may be available for the connecting devices; your PC and Sony Smart TV. You may need to work with the manufacturer of these devices to do so.

-Restart the broadcasting iOS device; your iPhone.

-Change the name of your iPhone: Settings > General > About > Name.

-Reset Network Settings: Settings > General > Reset, then tap Reset Network Settings. Please keep in mind, this also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.

-Reset All Settings: Settings > General > Reset > then tap Reset All Settings. Please be sure you complete a back up of your data prior to this step.

Learn more about Reset Network Settings and Reset All Settings here: Return iPhone settings to their defaults - Apple Support

I would also like you to make sure you've covered any additional steps found here, which can be more specifically helpful for the issue with connecting to your Sony Smart TV: If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) - Apple Support

Reach back out if the same issue continues.

As an additional side note, now that you are using iOS 13 and have a PC, please also keep in mind, if you sync your iPhone to your Windows PC, you will need iTunes version 12.10 for Windows, which adds support for iOS 13 and later: iTunes - Apple

Take care.

Sep 29, 2019 9:27 AM in response to brenden dv

Hi, thank you so much for your reply.

would like to update on the situation a bit.

The connection with the TV is now working. I tried to delete the network from from the TV and re-enter the password. It is working fine now.

As with the PC I still have some issues and have to delete the network and re-connect several times on the PC. The connection lasts longer now but disconnection still occurs.

I haven’t tried Reset the Network setting step onwards. But if this persist I will try them out.

Thank you once again for posting the detailed solutions!

iPhone personal hotspot keeps turning off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.