Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i use this without an iphone

can i use the watch without an iPhone? My grandma does not know how to use a smart phone but I would like to have something monitor if she falls as well as her heart rate.

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 6:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 6:58 AM

leia1319 wrote:

can i use the watch without an iPhone? My grandma does not know how to use a smart phone but I would like to have something monitor if she falls as well as her heart rate.

If your grandmother doesn't have an iPhone, she won't be able to use the Apple Watch. I suggest you look into one of the dedicated fall alert systems.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2019 6:58 AM in response to leia1319

leia1319 wrote:

If your grandmother doesn't have an iPhone, she won't be able to use the Apple Watch. I suggest you look into one of the dedicated fall alert systems.

Sep 25, 2019 6:39 AM in response to leia1319

Start here:

How to use your Apple Watch without your iPhone nearby - "If you don't have your iPhone with you, learn what you can still do with your Apple Watch."hhttps://support.apple.com/HT205547

Note, there are probably some things that will absolutely require at least periodic connection to an iPhone. The above article is more a discussion of what you can do on occasions when you do not have an iPhone, not how to use a Watch in the complete absence of an iPhone.

can i use this without an iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.