Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What app to download onto iPad 3/4 to use a US-International keyboard for English and Spanish simultaneously?

I am learning Spanish, and finding online learning extremely helpful on my iPad. I love my Logitech Ultrathin keyboard cover, and my 3/4, or ‘new’ iPad is absolutely up to the requirements of my learning app, designed for kids 6 to 8 years old through adults of any age. But I need to be able to go back and forth between the two languages every minute or two, and the “shift” + “ctrl” then + space bar toggling through the emoji, English, and Spanish keyboards each time is prohibitively cumbersome and time consuming.

I would like a US-International option for the iPad, but there isn’t one in the list provided, which seems like a big oversight. One should certainly be added in the very next update, as many people are learning new languages (finally) on their devices now that the speech recognition software has allowed it to be so helpful for this purpose. In the meantime, what app does the community recommend that I download to my iPad so I can learn to communicate with my Spanish only speaking customers faster? It feels quite urgent to me. They are lovely, kind people, and I want to be able to provide them with the best, fast customer service possible. I am good at learning language, and it is only the technology that is slowing me down. I can’t afford a new, dedicated Spanish-English keyboard at this time, and it really shouldn’t be necessary.

Thanks everyone!

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 8:04 AM

6 replies

Sep 26, 2019 8:47 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

I had tried my best, but I hadn’t been able to find that information. You have solved my problem, and that Penn website showed me lots of useful other marks that I had been wondering how to find for at least a decade. Absolutely fantastic!!!!

Ideally, as a visual learner, I would love to be able to find images of what the standard QWERTY keyboard would look like with the alt codes activated, if you follow my meaning, and then another with the alt + shift codes. I’m thinking of this as a map for learning the codes. I would make them myself and share them with the community, if I knew how to make them looking clean and professional. However, now I can at least make myself a rough and ready map for my own use.

Sep 26, 2019 8:52 PM in response to Pazazz

Thanks, Tom!

I had my thank you you cut off because now I can’t see what I’m typing when I’m not using my external keyboard. My experiments adding various keyboard software systems has completely befuddled my iPad., and now the on screen keyboard is in the middle of the screen. Lol. Still worth!

many thanks again.,

Pazazz

What app to download onto iPad 3/4 to use a US-International keyboard for English and Spanish simultaneously?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.