Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove Messages from iCloud auto-backup

Would like to remove Messages from my iCloud backup - both on the server/iCloud and from the back-up routine.

iPhone 11

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 8:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 9:14 AM

sorry I was unclear/incorrect:-)

I am not using Messages with iCloud - they’re only on my iPhone...but, Messages is taking up more than a GB of my iCloud storage! On my device Messages is only taking up 72MB. So, the iCloud storage of Messages must be residual from previous time when Messages were set to use iCloud :-) Can I clear/remove the iCloud Messages so I can backup the Messages from my iPhone? Thx!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2019 9:14 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

sorry I was unclear/incorrect:-)

I am not using Messages with iCloud - they’re only on my iPhone...but, Messages is taking up more than a GB of my iCloud storage! On my device Messages is only taking up 72MB. So, the iCloud storage of Messages must be residual from previous time when Messages were set to use iCloud :-) Can I clear/remove the iCloud Messages so I can backup the Messages from my iPhone? Thx!

How to remove Messages from iCloud auto-backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.