Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unblocked someone but still can’t send messages

I blocked and unblocked a contact and they unblocked me, they have sent me texts but I can’t reply. I have restarted my phone, re-added the contact, and deleted the entire conversation.

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 11:20 AM

Hello Thatdquell,

It sounds like you have been unable to send messages to a specific contact after recently blocking and then unblocking each others phone numbers. I can certainly understand why this would be a problem, and I'm happy to help you resolve it.

What happens when you try to send a message to that contact? When you send a message to a contact you have blocked through your iPhone, it would not show "Delivered" under the message, and the recipient wouldn't receive it. Are you seeing "Delivered" under the messages you're attempting to send? If so, this may be an issue with the other person's device. If they are using an iPhone too, make sure they have correctly unblocked you using the steps here: Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Keep in mind, if they blocked your number directly through their carrier, unblocking your number using the steps in that support article would not be sufficient in allowing you to send messages to them. They would need to contact their carrier to remove the block.

If something else is occurring when you send messages to them, i.e., you're seeing a red exclamation mark with the words "Not Delivered", take a look at this support article: If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Try out any troubleshooting steps there you haven't already completed.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2019 11:20 AM in response to Thatdquell

Hello Thatdquell,

It sounds like you have been unable to send messages to a specific contact after recently blocking and then unblocking each others phone numbers. I can certainly understand why this would be a problem, and I'm happy to help you resolve it.

What happens when you try to send a message to that contact? When you send a message to a contact you have blocked through your iPhone, it would not show "Delivered" under the message, and the recipient wouldn't receive it. Are you seeing "Delivered" under the messages you're attempting to send? If so, this may be an issue with the other person's device. If they are using an iPhone too, make sure they have correctly unblocked you using the steps here: Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Keep in mind, if they blocked your number directly through their carrier, unblocking your number using the steps in that support article would not be sufficient in allowing you to send messages to them. They would need to contact their carrier to remove the block.

If something else is occurring when you send messages to them, i.e., you're seeing a red exclamation mark with the words "Not Delivered", take a look at this support article: If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Try out any troubleshooting steps there you haven't already completed.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Unblocked someone but still can’t send messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.