Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unblocked and unable to send iMessage

I’ve unblocked someone but they can’t send me any iMessages. They just come through as sms messages. I’ve tried restarting my phone but it still isn’t working

iPhone 12

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 11:28 AM

Make sure you have enabled iMessages on your iPhone, go to: Settings > Messages.

If iMessages is enabled, check in the same place if your phone number is enabled in iMessages. If so, try:

1. Disable iMessages

2. Turn off your iPhone, wait a while and turn it on again

3. Activate iMessages again and wait for your number and possibly mail is ready.

Try sending a message back to the person who sends you normal SMS messages. If it's still green, ask the person if iMessages are enabled there.

Remember that only iPhones, iPads and Mac computers can send iMessages.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2023 11:28 AM in response to Gemily84

Make sure you have enabled iMessages on your iPhone, go to: Settings > Messages.

If iMessages is enabled, check in the same place if your phone number is enabled in iMessages. If so, try:

1. Disable iMessages

2. Turn off your iPhone, wait a while and turn it on again

3. Activate iMessages again and wait for your number and possibly mail is ready.

Try sending a message back to the person who sends you normal SMS messages. If it's still green, ask the person if iMessages are enabled there.

Remember that only iPhones, iPads and Mac computers can send iMessages.

Unblocked and unable to send iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.