Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

in OS Mojave 10.14.6 on iMac I cannot insert emojis when I click on the Emojis button

There is an Emoji button in Mail and I have a cursor set where I want to insert an emoji, but the Emoji panel does not open when I click on that button.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 2:25 PM

Hi Eville Geek,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're trying to use the Character Viewer in Mail on your iMac, but the pop-up window doesn't appear when you click on it. I know it's important to be able to use this feature in Mail; I'd like to help. I'd recommend starting with the steps below first:

If the issue persists, use these steps to start your iMac in safe mode and test for the behavior there: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

After testing in safe mode, restart your Mac normally and test again. Let me know what you find.

Have a great weekend!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2019 2:25 PM in response to Eville Geek

Hi Eville Geek,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're trying to use the Character Viewer in Mail on your iMac, but the pop-up window doesn't appear when you click on it. I know it's important to be able to use this feature in Mail; I'd like to help. I'd recommend starting with the steps below first:

If the issue persists, use these steps to start your iMac in safe mode and test for the behavior there: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

After testing in safe mode, restart your Mac normally and test again. Let me know what you find.

Have a great weekend!

in OS Mojave 10.14.6 on iMac I cannot insert emojis when I click on the Emojis button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.