Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13 files app won't connect to server

Have been looking forward to using the new 'connect to server' feature in iOS 13 but for some reason I cannot get it to connect on my iPhone.

I have smb enabled on my server and I know I'm typing in the correct address, username and password but I just get an error message informing "The operation couldn't be completed. Operation not supported."

Anyone else having problems?

I can connect to the server using my Mac with no problems.

THANKS

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2019 8:19 AM

I’ve been having this problem constantly both on iPhone and iPad Pro. I was also on developer beta program and even on beta 4 this problem was still there. I tried asking on live chat today and the most help I could get was that the server “probably” hasn’t been updated to allow the connection. I’m trying to connect to nVidia Shield tv.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2019 8:19 AM in response to fizzyfizz

I’ve been having this problem constantly both on iPhone and iPad Pro. I was also on developer beta program and even on beta 4 this problem was still there. I tried asking on live chat today and the most help I could get was that the server “probably” hasn’t been updated to allow the connection. I’m trying to connect to nVidia Shield tv.

iOS 13 files app won't connect to server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.