Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Files App Connecting iPhone/iPad to PC via IP address

How does one connect using Files and an IP address? I set up an account on my PC to use uploading and downloading files using the Files app.

I open Files invoke the menu then choose Connect to Server.. I then enter the IP address for my system as determined by ipconfig on the PC. I use the Registered User option then enter the Name of the PC account set up on my PC and the Password. I have verified that the account exists on the PC, that the IP address is correct and that all entries are correct without keying error. After pressing the enter key, there is an indicator next to "Connect to Server." After a few seconds I get the message: There was a problem connecting to the server. Check the server name or IP address, and then try again. If you continue to have problem, contact your system administrator.

Can anyone shed light on this issue

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 2:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 11:22 AM

Yes. When I set it up I created a Directory and file on the PC and set all the file sharing attributes.

PLUS: I discovered my problem. I was using an IP address from the wrong ipconfig find ipv4 search. When I discovered the problem and used the correct IP address, everything worked fine.

Thank you for the response. I triggered yet another check of my process wherein I found the problem.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2022 11:22 AM in response to turingtest2

Yes. When I set it up I created a Directory and file on the PC and set all the file sharing attributes.

PLUS: I discovered my problem. I was using an IP address from the wrong ipconfig find ipv4 search. When I discovered the problem and used the correct IP address, everything worked fine.

Thank you for the response. I triggered yet another check of my process wherein I found the problem.

Files App Connecting iPhone/iPad to PC via IP address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.