Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 12.4.1 on iphone 6 plus cannot pair with Apple Watch Series 3

I have iphone 6 plus on ios 12.4.1, currently is not possible to pair with apple watch since it require update to ios 13. iphone 6 plus cannot be upgraded to ios 13.

Please help if you have any solution to this.

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 8:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 8:08 PM

If this is a new Apple Watch, return it immediately. Apple will give you a full refund if it is return within 14 days. That way you will not have a useless Apple Watch or be forced to upgrade your iPhone when you do not want to do that.

If at a later date you get a new iPhone, you can buy a new Apple Watch.

The iPhones that work with an Apple Watch running watchOS 6 are the 6s, SE, 7, 8, X, XS, XR, 11 and 11 Pro.

A used iPhone 6s would be an inexpensive option.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2019 8:08 PM in response to nazman1705

If this is a new Apple Watch, return it immediately. Apple will give you a full refund if it is return within 14 days. That way you will not have a useless Apple Watch or be forced to upgrade your iPhone when you do not want to do that.

If at a later date you get a new iPhone, you can buy a new Apple Watch.

The iPhones that work with an Apple Watch running watchOS 6 are the 6s, SE, 7, 8, X, XS, XR, 11 and 11 Pro.

A used iPhone 6s would be an inexpensive option.

Sep 26, 2019 5:43 AM in response to nazman1705

nazman1705 wrote:
I believe apple should provide patch to ios 12.4.1 so that watch app for iphone 6 users do not require update to pair

Since this is a user-to-user technical support forum, you are not talking to Apple here. I just provided the best advice I could so you would not loose value and could take you time making a decision.

Apple Watch Feedback

https://www.apple.com/feedback/watch.html

And there is the "Contact Support" link at the top of this page.

IOS 12.4.1 on iphone 6 plus cannot pair with Apple Watch Series 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.