Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2017 MacBook Pro Battery Life = BAD

I just unplugged my battery that was fully charged at 100%, I have am using: Safari, QuickBooks, LastPass, Spark, Messages, Reminders, and Todoist. None of those apps are very draining. My screen display is one less than 50%. My keyboard lights are at the lowest setting (not off, but the lowest level). It's been 20 minutes since I unplugged and sat down. I am now at 80% after 20 minutes. 1% batter each minute for a computer that is only about 2 years old seems ridiculous. My battery information for About this Mac/System Info is copied as additional text attachment below.

Am I missing something, is this normal? It may be worth noting that in August Apple replaced my screen because it had started to delaminate (AppleCare covered it). When I got it back, the Fan was very loud and grinding. So they sent in back in a second time within a month and when I got it back I restored from Time Machine and had some issues of black screen after logging in. But that went away over time and now the battery just stinks...Could those repairs have anything to with this?

Let's put it into perspective, It took me 4-5 minutes to write this post, I went from 80% to 76%. WHY!?!? I feel like a 193 cycle count isn't that bad.

Thanks in advance,

Lorne

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 8:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 8:46 PM

Have you followed the steps in this article, to try to see where CPU power is going:

See how apps affect Mac performance, battery runtime, temperature, and fan activity - Apple Support

Have you reset the System Management Controller (no penalty for doing this multiple times.)

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2019 8:46 PM in response to Lorne17

Have you followed the steps in this article, to try to see where CPU power is going:

See how apps affect Mac performance, battery runtime, temperature, and fan activity - Apple Support

Have you reset the System Management Controller (no penalty for doing this multiple times.)

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

Sep 25, 2019 8:38 PM in response to Lorne17

The battery information does not show any problem with the battery, so you need to look elsewhere. Perhaps the charger or some other hardware/software related problem. You might try running the hardware test: Apple Hardware Test. You can also get a service diagnostic. Make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. Also, see How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD).

2017 MacBook Pro Battery Life = BAD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.