Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple mac battery

Hello!

I bought the newest Apple Mac on 1st September (less than two months ago). It’s the first big purchase with my own money and was so excited.

However, the battery life is AWFUL! Seriously, worse than my Apple Mac bought in 2013 that teenage me treated terribly and only just became a little hard to use earlier this year.

Today I woke up at 10.30am, took my laptop off charge (it was at 100%). Then I studied and watched a few YouTube videos. By 12.42pm it was down to 65%! I used google chrome and Microsoft words (both apps I’ve downloaded onto the computer). I didn’t have any additional features open, the lights on my keyboard were off, the brightness was fairly low.

Many of my friends agree that theirs is just as bad, and a friend opts to use safari instead of chrome and gets a warning saying using this app will slow down the speed of the computer.

I’m pretty shocked, and I’m wondering what should I do? My last Apple MacBook lasted six years and the battery life is just as bad on my newest model.

Should I return it and ask for a refund or is there something I can do?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 2:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 4:35 AM

Hi,

Resetting SMC could solve the issue.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Similar questions

1 reply

apple mac battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.