Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The battery of MacBook Air 2020 i5

I acted my MacBook Air 2020 i5 in about September 2020; I didn't buy apple care and I know that the warranty period ended already, but the battery of this mac has some problems, at the day that I wrote this, the battery cycle is 142 and the battery life is 87%, I can only use it for 3 or 4 hours for JUST writing a document or reading a book, for example, my friends MacBook Air 2015 and my mac start using at the same time, and we are just reading, while he has 95% left, I only have about 80% left, when he reaches 86%, my mac drop to 65%, so I'm wondering what's going wrong with this mac, I charge it to 100% then unplug it every day, and I never put it to charge whole night or for a long time. So I want to ask will apple change my battery for FREE because of the battery's problem or do I have to pay for it just because the warranty period is over? No matter what. Thank you for reading this paragraph, and I will be more exciting if you can share similar things and what's the result if there is one.

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 9:12 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Mar 8, 2022 6:24 AM in response to hyxs

Did you report this problem to Apple Tech support & see if they can troubleshoot? They have done battery replacement programs in the past so who knows, there might be one you're eligible for in the future. Get your make/model/serial # on the record w/them. The battery expanded on my son's MacBook Pro & popped the front of it so it was unusable. Apple said the battery replacement program for his had already ended unfortunately.

The battery of MacBook Air 2020 i5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.