Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Life has become very bad after upgrading to MacOs Ventura

Since I upgraded to Mac OS Ventura, I am not getting the same battery life as I got with the earlier version. Even while sleeping, the battery drains a lot ~15%. I have been using my Macbook Pro 14-inch for about 3 months now and it's maximum capacity has already fallen to 99%.

Are other users also facing the same issue?

Shall I contact apple care and get the battery replaced? (I have applecare)

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 7:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 6:33 AM

shryasss wrote:

Can you please tell how a safeboot would help? And will I be able to continue doing my work in that mode? (I'm new to MacOS)

Safeboot is a trouble shoot mode only— most importantly it clears system cache files (rebuilt automatically)

No need to log into Safeboot. Reboot as normal and test.

No SMC or NVRAM on the M1/M2 SoC...

The best you can do if you have an issue— equivalent Shut down, close the lid 30 secs+ , reboot as normal. 

try  SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support to sort anomalies.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2022 6:33 AM in response to shryasss

shryasss wrote:

Can you please tell how a safeboot would help? And will I be able to continue doing my work in that mode? (I'm new to MacOS)

Safeboot is a trouble shoot mode only— most importantly it clears system cache files (rebuilt automatically)

No need to log into Safeboot. Reboot as normal and test.

No SMC or NVRAM on the M1/M2 SoC...

The best you can do if you have an issue— equivalent Shut down, close the lid 30 secs+ , reboot as normal. 

try  SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support to sort anomalies.

Nov 11, 2022 4:17 AM in response to shryasss

shryasss wrote:

Since I upgraded to Mac OS Ventura, I am not getting the same battery life as I got with the earlier version. Even while sleeping, the battery drains a lot ~15%. I have been using my Macbook Pro 14-inch for about 3 months now and it's maximum capacity has already fallen to 99%.

Are other users also facing the same issue?
Shall I contact apple care and get the battery replaced? (I have applecare)

99% is not an issue.

I would simply try a Safeboot to sort anomalies

—SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Battery Life has become very bad after upgrading to MacOs Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.