Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2021 MacBook Pro 16 Battery Health 93% after 6 Months

Hi,

I have read numerous articles on the community, but either their batteries are not depleting as quickly as mine or they are dated (like a few years ago), so I thought I want to bring my case to attention and see if it is normal that this is happening.

Model: MacBook Pro 16" (2021) (M1 Max)

Battery Health: 93%

Cycle Count: 61

Purchased / Start using: July 2022 (6 months ago)

I have been aware about the battery health precautions so I do the following few things daily:

• I use the official Apple Charger (140W) and the MagSafe cable
  • I have battery management turned on
  • Reboot my Mac from time to time
  • Run mostly on power adapter but will still use unplugged from time to time

I believe I am already doing all the right things here to preserve the battery, yet at this rate 7% per half a year, I will be at 72% at the end of the second year?! Can I be advised on whether this is normal or should I send it in to Apple?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 4:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 8:15 AM

iLachy wrote:

• Hi,

I have read numerous articles on the community, but either their batteries are not depleting as quickly as mine or they are dated (like a few years ago), so I thought I want to bring my case to attention and see if it is normal that this is happening.

I have been aware about the battery health precautions so I do the following few things daily:
I use the official Apple Charger (140W) and the MagSafe cable

I believe I am already doing all the right things here to preserve the battery, yet at this rate 7% per half a year, I will be at 72% at the end of the second year?! Can I be advised on whether this is normal or should I send it in to Apple?

Thanks!

This seems normal...

No one said the progression is linear like you have surmised with your statement:

"yet at this rate 7% per half a year, I will be at 72% at the end of the second year"

You still have an expected 1000 cycle count for your battery.

The rule of thumb—if you are near the mains leave it plugged in, if you need the portability then run on battery only.

That's it.

Apple will not see this as an issue unless your Battery drops below 80%.

Right now what I see <Battery Health: 93%>

Let the Battery Health Management worry about your battery. Your battery is covered under the same hardware warranty as your MBP. Forget about it.

Battery condition—>Normal

Determine battery cycle count for Mac notebooks

Determine battery cycle count for Mac laptops - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2022 8:15 AM in response to iLachy

iLachy wrote:

• Hi,

I use the official Apple Charger (140W) and the MagSafe cable

Thanks!

This seems normal...

No one said the progression is linear like you have surmised with your statement:

"yet at this rate 7% per half a year, I will be at 72% at the end of the second year"

You still have an expected 1000 cycle count for your battery.

The rule of thumb—if you are near the mains leave it plugged in, if you need the portability then run on battery only.

That's it.

Apple will not see this as an issue unless your Battery drops below 80%.

Right now what I see <Battery Health: 93%>

Let the Battery Health Management worry about your battery. Your battery is covered under the same hardware warranty as your MBP. Forget about it.

Battery condition—>Normal

Determine battery cycle count for Mac notebooks

Determine battery cycle count for Mac laptops - Apple Support

2021 MacBook Pro 16 Battery Health 93% after 6 Months

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.