Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery life indicator ... Any hints?

No battery level indications over time and supposedly last charged next year some time!! System date and time are still accurate. And although last charged to only 56% (reportedly), current battery level is 88%. Will turning it off and on help?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 2:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 5:45 AM

BobFromEastGosford wrote:

//:0
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/1f10ac73-8be0-48e7-a429-4bbdc87f821c
No battery level indications over time and supposedly last charged next year some time!! System date and time are still accurate. And although last charged to only 56% (reportedly), current battery level is 88%.
Will turning it off and on help?

Shutting down and restarting is always recommended as the first volley if you have an issue...

On the M1/M2 Mac—

No resolve—

A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies.

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.1

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2022 5:45 AM in response to BobFromEastGosford

BobFromEastGosford wrote:

//:0
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/1f10ac73-8be0-48e7-a429-4bbdc87f821c
No battery level indications over time and supposedly last charged next year some time!! System date and time are still accurate. And although last charged to only 56% (reportedly), current battery level is 88%.
Will turning it off and on help?

Shutting down and restarting is always recommended as the first volley if you have an issue...

On the M1/M2 Mac—

No resolve—

A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies.

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.1

Jan 10, 2023 4:28 PM in response to BobFromEastGosford

The same thing happened to me. MacOS 13.1 on a 2018 MBP16. Tried to start my MacBook this morning and saw that I hadn't plugged in the AC adapter. I plugged it in and started a few minutes later and then went to battery settings to see the charge profile, when it started discharging... and the graph was empty for both the last 24 hours and the last 10 days!

I rebooted and one small red spike appeared at 9am (a few percent), when I first booted today. I restarted two more times, and the graph for past has not returned, but slowly it is being repopulated.

Lots of bugs in 13.1. The most annoying is Finder jumping between desktops. I've gotten so tired of Apple not responding to demonstrable bugs that I've just stopped checking and reporting them 😟

PS It took my several tries and two days even to post this comment. "Your post could not be saved. Please try again in a few moments."

Battery life indicator ... Any hints?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.