Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook air top case has a dent

need be repair, is that free?

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 1:41 AM

I'm afraid it's something you're going to have live with until you come to replace it. There are all manner of case covers available on Ebay and Amazon that would have helped to prevent dings, dents and scratches. I would suggest buying a set before your case (top or bottom) suffers any more dents.

Aluminium is a soft metal that, although being light weight, is also very prone to dents etc. I often see so many that have suffered damage of some sort, but at least it protects the circuitry and hardware from damage better than a plastic case would.

When you do come to replace it, any damage to it will reflecct in the price you can ask for it.

This wwill give you some idea of how much you can pay for just the lid, but then there is the task of swapping all the electronics over. There are some lids available, but they come at all sorts of prices depending on the model.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Macbook-Air-11-A1465-2015-Early-LED-Screen-Display-Lid-Top-Rear-Back-Cover-Metal/264312293193?hash=item3d8a3d8749:g:a3gAAOSw4BBc0GYD

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2019 1:41 AM in response to Woody909

I'm afraid it's something you're going to have live with until you come to replace it. There are all manner of case covers available on Ebay and Amazon that would have helped to prevent dings, dents and scratches. I would suggest buying a set before your case (top or bottom) suffers any more dents.

Aluminium is a soft metal that, although being light weight, is also very prone to dents etc. I often see so many that have suffered damage of some sort, but at least it protects the circuitry and hardware from damage better than a plastic case would.

When you do come to replace it, any damage to it will reflecct in the price you can ask for it.

This wwill give you some idea of how much you can pay for just the lid, but then there is the task of swapping all the electronics over. There are some lids available, but they come at all sorts of prices depending on the model.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Macbook-Air-11-A1465-2015-Early-LED-Screen-Display-Lid-Top-Rear-Back-Cover-Metal/264312293193?hash=item3d8a3d8749:g:a3gAAOSw4BBc0GYD

macbook air top case has a dent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.