Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

small dent on upper case of MacBook Pro 14

Hey Guys. is this fixable? I still around 50 days to add m apple care.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.2

Posted on May 29, 2022 6:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2022 10:40 PM

If you are asking about buying Applecare now, you will not be able to - Apple will want to see the device and if it is damaged, you cannot get the Applecare.

Cosmetic damage is not covered by the regular warranty. To "fix" a dent, the entire upper case needs to be replaced. Most inner components are now soldered or glued together, so the assembly may include other parts - that means it will not be cheap.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2022 10:40 PM in response to Machub

If you are asking about buying Applecare now, you will not be able to - Apple will want to see the device and if it is damaged, you cannot get the Applecare.

Cosmetic damage is not covered by the regular warranty. To "fix" a dent, the entire upper case needs to be replaced. Most inner components are now soldered or glued together, so the assembly may include other parts - that means it will not be cheap.

May 29, 2022 7:18 PM in response to Machub

Machub Said:

"small dent on upper case of MacBook Pro 14: Hey Guys. is this fixable? I still around 50 days to add m apple care."

-------

Based on Personal Experience:

Ask Apple:

BION: Hardware damage might be covered. I must say that my 2018 MBP was received back from Apple after service, and I had a few dents in it. Having contacted Apple Support, they recommended that I include a note on this, the next time I send it in. So, I did and they happily replaced this.*** Elsewise, likely not.

Apple Support Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as necessary
  • Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

***See my User Tip: Send-In Service - Include Handwritten Notes with the Packaging - Apple Support

small dent on upper case of MacBook Pro 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.